Sunday, January 29, 2012

Old Speedie

So I found this dude on my work computer. I was doodling in Sculptris about a month or two after I got my job at WMS, as warm up for the day, and kinda knocked this guy out in a couple hours. Mostly, at least. I never finished his legs or tail, so the other night I decided it was time to finish him up and show him off.

I sculpted him, obviously. Mostly in Sculptris, but I finished off the legs and small details in ZBrush. The low-poly basemesh was created by the indomitable BoBo the Seal.

You should play with his SDK too-- hand-painted or sculpted (a great test subject for Sculptris or ZBrush's Dynamesh), making something out of someone else's models is a lot of fun. Here's a link to some examples and other SDKs if you're interested.

If you do mess with any of the SDKs, post in the comments section here and tell me about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment